So you want to learn the art of handcrafted sugar flowers? Fab…
In this beginner’s sugar flower class, we will teach you the best practices to start you on your journey to beautiful flowers that will amaze your family, friends, and customers alike!
During the sugar flower basics class, you will learn how to use the flower (gum) pastes and how to handle the materials to get the best possible outcome for your flowers, and I will demonstrate how to work with the various flower cutters available to sugar crafters.
You will learn:
The difference between the various pastes and the best practices on how to store your pastes.
What all the different wires mean.
How to fit a wire in the pastes. I’ll even show you around five different methods so you can find the one that is best for you!
How to use the leaf veiner, a Ball tool, a Leaf veiner tool, a Petal veiner tool, and even a Cocktail stick to make your flowers come to life.
Best ways to dry your flowers, two or three different ways to cut out your flower shapes effectively. You will even make some popular flowers using no cutters at all.
How to colour and a choice of mediums to colour with.
Ways to arrange flowers directly on your cake (dummy cake will be demonstrated on).
The flower techniques you will learn are:
Mexican hat flowers
All the tools you require for this class are provided, although you will need to bring your own apron.
PRICE: per person
- You will need to bring your own packed lunch, unless it is a full-day class i.e., 9am to 5pm
- Teas, coffee, and biscuits will be provided.
- The skills learned during your visit with us are intended for you to use within your own business and under no circumstances should these classes be replicated and taught to your own students.
- You will receive your class recipes by email after joining the newsletter mailing list.
- Videos are strictly prohibited during this class.
- Please be aware that once the full payment has been settled, we are unable to refund so please check your travel arrangements and ensure enough contingency time before committing to a class.
- Please make sure you double-check your availability before booking your party as we are unable to offer a refund for the cancellation of parties or classes.
- In the unlikely event that a class is canceled by TLC Academy, a rescheduled date will be offered or a full refund will be given.
- Please check Full Terms and Conditions before booking