Class 1 – Sugar Flower Basics and Baking
This class will teach you how to bake a vanilla sponge cake and the basics of how to make sugar flowers, you will make filler foliage and flowers, and choose a statement flower for your cake design.
Class 2 – Introduction to Buttercream and Ganache Basics
Today you will learn the three most valuable butter icing and ganache recipes used in cake decorating today. You will also learn about filling and torting your cake to the first stage ready for enrobing
Class 3 – Sugarpaste and Basic Character Modelling
In this lesson, you will learn how to work with Sugarpaste and how to cover a dummy tier and use the sugarpaste for the best finish, as well as how to turn it into modeling paste to then make your own models for your cake design if desired.
Class 4 – Royal Icing Basics
Today you will learn to make royal icing and piping bags, and using the piping techniques from our buttercream session as well as stenciling and refined piping for royal icing you will enhance your cake design skills to elevated levels.
Class 5 – Stacking and Finishing Touches
This class is for combining all the previous lessons and assembling your cakes together with any of your design elements i.e., models or flowers, and learning the principles of stacking tiered cakes.
This course has been designed for the novice to excel in cake decorating from beginners to intermediate cake decorating.
- You will need to bring your own packed lunch, unless it is a full-day class i.e., 9am to 5pm
- Teas, coffee, and biscuits will be provided.
- The skills learned during your visit with us are intended for you to use within your own business and under no circumstances should these classes be replicated and taught to your own students.
- You will receive your class recipes by email after joining the newsletter mailing list.
- Videos are strictly prohibited during this class.
- Please be aware that once the full payment has been settled, we are unable to refund so please check your travel arrangements and ensure enough contingency time before committing to a class.
- Please make sure you double-check your availability before booking your party as we are unable to offer a refund for the cancellation of parties or classes.
- In the unlikely event that a class is canceled by TLC Academy, a rescheduled date will be offered or a full refund will be given.
- Please check Full Terms and Conditions before booking